If you’re self-conscious about your smile because of crooked or crowded teeth, braces might be the right solution for you. Having straight teeth after braces will not only improve the health and function of your mouth, but it can also boost your confidence and make you feel good about sharing your smile with the world.
Ideal candidates for braces are those whose teeth are in good general health who wish to improve dental imperfections such as:
- Crowding (usually from a genetic cause, but can also stem from nail biting or thumb sucking; crowded teeth can be turned, overlapped, or crooked and affect your bite)
- Too much space between teeth (the opposite of crowding)
- Overbite (when your front lower teeth bite too closely to the gum by the upper teeth)
- Crossbite (when top or bottom teeth fall inside or outside of the opposite teeth, making chewing difficult)
- Overjet (commonly resulting from thumb sucking as a child, the upper front teeth protrude too far from the lower teeth)
- Open bite (when the front teeth do not touch, putting pressure on the back teeth and making chewing less efficient)
- Gummy smile (when the upper jaw is enlarged or the upper lip is shorter, giving the appearance of too much gum tissue)
Sometimes depending on your unique condition, you will have a variety of orthodontic options, whether traditional braces or more discreet choices such as Invisalign, Synergy R, and Incognito. The best way to determine which option is right for your smile is to let Dr. Rudman assess your needs and preferences during a personal consultation.
If you’re ready to explore your options for braces in Denver, contact Cherry Creek Smiles today at 303-331-0222 to schedule an appointment.