The American Dental Association has been proud to promote February as National Children’s Dental Health month for the last 75 years. The purpose is to raise awareness of good dental health, habits, and choices in children and teens. This year’s theme is “Sugar Wars” and seeks to demonstrate the benefits of avoiding sugary treats, snacks, and beverages and to get children and teens to:
- Brush twice a day for two minutes at a time
- Floss at least once a day
- Limit snacks and eat healthy meals
- Keep regular dental appointments for cleanings
At Cherry Creek Smiles, we specialize in braces. If your children’s teeth are crooked or their bite is not aligned properly, braces may be a solution. The same care our Denver patients take when wearing braces is similar to the “Sugar Wars” fight against the Sweet Tooth Invaders:
- Avoid sticky food such as gum and toffee
- Avoid hard candies such as Jolly Ranchers
- Minimize sugary foods such as cakes and cookies
- Limit to once a day sodas and sports drinks
Starting your kids off right with a good dental hygiene program will go a long way toward keeping their teeth healthy and bright.
If you live in Denver and think your child may need braces along with their daily dental routine, please contact Cherry Creek Smiles today at 303-331-0222 or complete the form on this page to schedule an appointment. We gladly welcome patients from Stapleton, Lowry, Glendale and Cherry Creek, Colorado.