At Advanced Orthodontic Care, we pride ourselves on providing personalized care through every step of treatment. If you’re just getting started with orthodontics, here’s a look at how your initial visits to our office will likely proceed.
Though this is a basic overview, no two treatment plans are exactly alike. During your complimentary consultation, Dr. Robert Rudman and his Stapleton orthodontics team will discuss which treatment could benefit you the most. Please call Advanced Orthodontic Care today at 303-331-0222 to schedule your first appointment.
Gathering Orthodontic Information
Your beautiful smile begins during the first visit with a thorough examination and a precise assessment of your oral health. Dr. Rudman will meet with you one-on-one to explain your orthodontic treatment plan options and answer questions you might have.
If you decide to proceed with orthodontic treatment, we will begin taking diagnostic records to develop your custom plan. A basic diagnostic record series will include:
- Impressions of your upper and lower rows of teeth
- Facial and intra-oral photographs
- Imaging of the jaw and entire head to determine position of teeth within the jaw, bone structure, and jaw alignment
Our Stapleton office uses a state of the art digital imaging system that improves on traditional X-rays by taking less time to perform, offering higher resolution, and emitting substantially less radiation.
Your First Visit
We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important 30-minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also reserve time following the exam for diagnostic records. The records include X-rays, photos and impressions for study models and are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan. This additional appointment will last approximately one hour.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient's specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
We will then schedule a consultation visit to discuss treatment options, time frames and financial arrangements. We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. Also, we will answer any additional questions.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
Preparing Your Orthodontic Treatment Plan
Dr. Rudman will review all of your initial records and create a custom treatment plan for adjusting your teeth and bite. During your next consultation, Dr. Rudman will explain the treatment plan and answer additional questions you might have.
After you’ve discussed with Dr. Rudman how the orthodontic treatment will proceed, you will meet with our treatment coordinator to learn about financial arrangements and our office policy. Treatment fee quotes are good for a time period of 12 months from the initial exam. After a year, a new exam will need to be performed to determine if your needs have changed.
We understand that our orthodontics patients have important obligations such as school or work. In order to accommodate your needs, we have made the following policy:
- Visits are scheduled six to eight weeks in advance
- All long appointments, such as braces placement or removal, will be scheduled for mid-morning or early afternoon
- We will automatically reschedule appointments for patients who are more than 10 minutes late for a visit
- Appointments that are not canceled or rescheduled are considered broken appointments; these can lead to extended treatment times, and might result in additional fees
It is our goal to see you on time for each of your appointments. By arriving on time, you will give Dr. Rudman and the staff sufficient opportunity to perform necessary treatment, provide you with personalized feedback on your progress, and answer your questions.
To start your journey toward a better smile, please contact Advanced Orthodontic Care or call 303-331-0222 today to schedule your complimentary consultation. Dr. Rudman provides a wide range of orthodontic services to patients throughout Stapleton and the Denver area.