Thinking about straightening your teeth but want to do so without metal brackets and wires? The first step is to visit Denver orthodontist Dr. Robert Rudman. He must first ascertain which orthodontic options will be able to move your teeth successfully, then he can help you choose a specific treatment. If you are a good candidate for them, Invisalign® or lingual braces are good alternatives to traditional metal braces.
To arrange a consultation at our practice, please call Advanced Orthodontic Care at 303-331-0222.
Clear, Removable Aligners
Invisalign® is the system with which you may be the most familiar. These customized aligners are clear, so most people will have no idea you are wearing them. For photos in particular, it will not look like you are wearing anything on your teeth, so you'll be able to smile confidently.
Brackets and Wires on the Back of Your Teeth
Lingual braces look like traditional metal braces, but they are affixed to the back surface of your teeth – the surfaces that face your tongue and mouth. The brand we use is called Incognito™. Lingual braces move teeth via wires and brackets. They are significantly less obtrusive when you smile than traditional braces. People may see them when you are speaking, but patients with lingual braces feel more confident knowing their orthodontia is less visible.
How Do They Stack Up?
Here's a look at some of the main takeaways when comparing the two options:
- Lingual braces and Invisalign® treat certain bite problems and cannot treat all types of misalignment
- Lingual braces may be able to treat bite problems that Invisalign® cannot treat
- Lingual braces take a little more time to brush and floss
- Lingual braces may cause some irritation on your tongue
- Invisalign® is removable, which is makes it very simple to brush and floss
- Invisalign® is removable, so it requires a lot of compliance from you to make sure you are wearing them at least 22 hours a day
- Lingual braces are conveniently non-removable, so you don't have to make sure you are wearing them enough
- Invisalign® aligners are clear and have no brackets or wires
- Lingual braces are on the back of your teeth, but some people may notice them when you speak or laugh
The fact is, what's right for your teeth should be the primary deciding factor. All the various orthodontic options work a little differently, and Dr. Rudman wants your treatment to be as effective and speedy as possible. If traditional braces are going to correct your bite faster and more effectively than these other options, he will let you know. If Invisalign® will be a better match for you than lingual braces, or vice versa, he will make sure you know. He is passionate about creating healthy, beautiful smiles.
Compare Your Options with an Experienced Orthodontist
To arrange a consultation with experienced Denver orthodontist Dr. Robert Rudman, please call Advanced Orthodontic Care at 303-331-0222. We proudly provide care for people from across the surrounding areas and all of Colorado, including Stapleton and Cherry Creek.