Serving Denver and Stapleton, Colorado
At Cherry Creek Orthodontics, your beautiful smile begins with a thorough examination and a precise assessment of your oral health. We take the time to explain your orthodontic treatment plan options and answer your questions. The next step is to gather additional information required to determine the proper treatment plan.
Second Appointment: Diagnostic Records
Once you have decided to proceed with orthodontic treatment, the next step is making an appointment to have diagnostic records taken (unless done at the initial examination). At Cherry Creek Orthodontics, we know your time is valuable, so we have the digital imaging technology in-house. This sets us apart from most other orthodontic offices!
A basic diagnostic record series will include the following:
- Study models: Impressions of the upper and lower teeth so that we will have a permanent record of the patient before any treatment has started.
- Facial and intra-oral photographs
- A panoramic radiograph to study the position of the teeth within the jaw.
- A radiograph of the entire head to study bone structure and jaw relationships.
Third Appointment: Treatment Plan/ Financial Consultation
Once x-rays are completed, Dr. Rudman will review them and prepare the final treatment plan. The treatment plan will be explained at the consultation. We prefer to have both the patient and the parent attend the consultation to assure that our discussion of treatment expectations and objectives are completely understood. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding treatment at this time. Once treatment is understood, the treatment coordinator will discuss financial arrangements and office policy with you.
Treatment fee quotes are good for a time period of 12 months from the initial exam. After a year, a new exam will need to be preformed to determine if treatment needs have changed.
Orthodontic treatment is an investment in your health. Usually during the initial exam or consultation, a total treatment fee will be given. Financial arrangements are usually managed by a credit score or past payment history.
- 5% Cash discount is offered for pre-payment of treatment in full.
- 5% Credit Card discount is offered for pre-payment of treatment in full.
- Down payment of 20-30% with direct draft payments out of a checking account over a period of the treatment time- interest free.
- Flex account or medical spending account payments can be arranged.
We will accept assignment of insurance benefits and will bill for you. It is important to know that all insurance companies vary in benefits and it is your responsibility to give us correct and current insurance information. Any estimated insurance benefits not paid by the insurance company are the patient's responsibility.
Retainers are a very important part of your treatment plan. Once the teeth are in their proper position, braces will be removed and retainers placed. We will follow you for a 2-year period in which we will continue to do follow up retainer checks. After the 2- year period, we will release you or your child from treatment. It is important the retainers be worn for life or as long as you want your teeth to remain straight. If you need to come in to see us after the 2-year period, a visit charge will be charged per visit.
Scheduling and Appointments
Most people seeking orthodontic treatment have important obligations such as school or work during the day. Since it is impossible for us to see all of our patients either before or after school or work, we have made the following policy:
- It will be necessary for all of our long appointments to be made during our mid-morning or our early afternoon hours. Usually long appointments involve the placement or removal of appliances or braces.
- We have put a great deal of effort into designing our schedule. It is our goal to see you on time for your appointment, and we want to have plenty of time during each appointment to do the necessary treatment, give you information about the treatment, and answer any questions you may have.
- Because the schedule is carefully crafted, your late arrival can pose a problem. In fairness to the other scheduled patients, we will reschedule your appointment if you are more than 10 minutes late. It may be possible for you to wait for an opening in the schedule, but we make no guarantees.
- We realize that, at times, circumstances beyond your control can cause a conflict with your scheduled appointment. An appointment that is not cancelled and rescheduled is considered a broken appointment. Broken appointments can lead to extended treatment and subsequent extended treatment fees. Cancel only if it is an emergency.
- It is difficult to reschedule you since appointments are made 6 to 8 weeks in advance.
To schedule an appointment, contact us at: 303-331-0222. Serving patients in Stapleton and downtown Denver, Colorado with orthodontic procedures.