It’s very common for patients about to get braces to have a number of questions. Because of the lengthy treatment time and frequent lifestyle changes, Colorado orthodontist Dr. Robert Rudman and his team work closely with each patient to make sure their questions are answered.
To begin understanding what’s involved in braces and other orthodontic treatments, please call Advanced Orthodontic Care today at (303) 945-7103 to schedule a consultation. Dr. Rudman welcomes patients from Denver, Stapleton, and many other areas of Colorado.
Questions About Orthodontics
Whether you’re the parent of a child with developing dental issues or an adult who has never undergone orthodontic correction before, it’s only natural to wonder what is involved in treatment. Questions we often get about orthodontics include:
- At what age should I schedule an orthodontic screening appointment for my child?
- Do teeth straighten out as they grow?
- What happens at the first visit?
In general, children can be considered for orthodontic treatment around age 7. By this point several permanent teeth will have emerged from the gum line, and issues affecting tooth alignment and positioning will start to become evident.
The initial consultation will seek to answer five essential questions:
- Is there an orthodontic problem, and if so, what is it?
- What is required to correct the problem?
- Will any teeth need to be removed?
- How long will the treatment take to complete?
- How much will treatment cost?
Though some patients will need to have teeth extracted for optimal orthodontic correction, new technology often makes removing teeth unnecessary. The length of treatment and cost, however, will vary from patient to patient.
Questions About Braces
Braces are the most famous, and some might even say infamous, method of orthodontic correction. Many people feel self-conscious about having their teeth covered with brackets and wires, and many of our adult patients refused orthodontics in their youth due to anxiety about what peers might say about the apparatus.
As an experienced orthodontist, Dr. Rudman is happy to field the questions patients have about braces, such as:
- Do braces hurt?
- Do you offer financing options or accept insurance?
- Is it too late to have braces if I’m already an adult?
- How often will I have appointments with braces?
- Can I schedule my child’s appointments for after school?
- Can I drop my child off for an appointment?
- Will my child be able to return to school the same day he/she receives braces?
- Can I still play sports with braces?
- Do I still need to visit the dentist while in braces?
- Are shots necessary?
- Are there foods I can’t eat with braces?
- How often should I brush my teeth with braces?
After reviewing the custom orthodontic treatment plan with Dr. Rudman, you will meet with our treatment coordinator to discuss scheduling, payments, caring for braces, and other matters. We can answer many of the above questions during this conversation.
If you have questions about braces or other correction options, please schedule your consultation today. We accept referrals from your family dentist, or you can simply contact Advanced Orthodontic Care online or call (303) 945-7103. Dr. Rudman welcomes patients from all over Colorado.